100% Remote Python Architect
The Python Architect that will participate in all aspects of software architecture and developing new innovative applications as well as expanding existing applications code. This person will also mentor developers on the team and have a passionate and entrepreneurial personality. We want a Python Architect who strives to create clean and innovative products that solve business needs. Must be able to effectively communicate with engineering and business personnel to achieve product and operational goals. If you have extensive knowledge and experience with Java, Python, Object Oriented Programming, MicroServices, EDI, Go, Scala, Machine Learning, Data Analytics and Big Data we want to see your application today. This is a full-time position with salary and benefits.
- This role involves working jointly with customers and internal teams to scope integration requirements, as well as building the most effective solution to meet the customers’ needs.
- Bridge the gaps between user needs, product roadmap and functional implementation.
- Communicate effectively with technical and non-technical team members.
- Write technical documentation to capture architecture, processes, policies, procedures, installation and instructions in Confluence
- Solve business needs with short-term deliverables, while constantly improving and moving towards long-term architectural goals
- Act as a trusted advisor
- Mature our own API and ensure it is able to effectively integrate with 3rd party API’s
- Contribute to product development roadmap and refinement of backend architecture
- Prototype new technologies to benchmark, analyze, present and discuss design alternatives
- Enhance, refactor, and continuously improve the codebase
Qualifications & Required Skills
- 10+ years’ work experience in software engineering, building distributed systems as part of the team and participating in the full development lifecycle
- 10 years of experience in customer-centric roles, with exposure to delivery, IT, and pre-sales disciplines
- 5+ years of Python and Java experience
- 8+ years of relevant experience in an agile environment
- Experience creating and consuming RESTful web services with JSON.
- Experience with message queues, RabbitMQ
- Experience with NoSQL databases, MongoDB
- Proficient with Linux, bash scripts, basic system administration, and performance tuning.
- Solid understanding of MySQL and data structures.
- Experience with ETL pipelines and efficiently working with large amounts of data.
- Ability to perform data analysis
- Ability to manage a software execution stack that runs continuously
- Understanding of data life-cycle issues
- Solid understanding of back-end software and systems engineering.
- Ability to perform full-stack development.
- Experience setting up continuous integration and/or production and operations support
- Understanding of solutions that span horizontally across architectural boundaries
- Experience with microservices architectures
- Proficient programming in Python, BASH
- Experience with containerization platforms (Docker) and container orchestration tools (Kubernetes, ECS, etc.)
- Experience with orchestration and configuration management tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Experience with scaling and operationalizing distributed data stores, file systems, and services (MongoDB, Redis, RDS MySQL)
- Strong experience with Linux (CentOS) systems running services in AWS
- Amazon Web Services automation, administration experience (Cloud Formation, VPC, EC2, S3, SNS/SQS, Lambda, ECS, ECR, ELB, EBS, Route53, Cloud Watch)
- Source Control Management tools (Git, GitHub)
- CI/CD solutions such as Jenkins, GitHub PR
- Experience with build tools (Rake, Maven, Ant, Grunt, Gulp)
- Experience with testing automation tools (Selenium Chrome, PyUnit, Codeception)
- Experience with frequent and incremental development, testing, and deployment
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong presentation, communication, and collaboration skills
- Must be able to use critical thinking to solve problems and be able to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Proactive work ethic; manages time productively and delegates work and responsibility effectively
- Must have a positive, outgoing attitude
- Excellent teamwork skills, flexibility, and ability to handle tasks
- Must be detail-oriented
- Must be comfortable learning new skills
- Must be willing to take on new challenges
- Must be able to follow directions thoroughly
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, or other related technical disciplines.
It is the policy of Software Technology Group, Inc. to assure equal employment opportunity to its employees and applicants for employment by fitness and merit without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sex, age, gender identity or sexual preference. STG, Inc. seeks to follow this policy in recruitment, hiring, promotion into all classifications, compensation, benefits, transfers, assignments, tours of duty, shifts, layoffs, returns from layoff, demotions, terminations, and training. Consistent with this policy, STG is committed to the employment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, recently separated and any other veterans who served on active duty during a war, and persons of all ethnic backgrounds and religions according to their abilities.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com