Software Technology Group
Business Intelligence with SQL and ETL
Software Technology Group is looking for a self-driven, innovative, creative, solution-oriented Business Intelligence Analysts. The ideal candidate will have superior organizational skills, integrity, analytical skills, and great follow-through on tasks. They are responsible for gathering requirements, design, creation, and support of the data warehouse. This is a full-time position with salary and benefits.
- Determine what data trends mean
- Ability to analyze data
- Ability to use complex computer programs to mine data sources and look for trends
- Contribute to product evaluations as we select new software to deploy in our environments
- Uphold or exceed uptime service level agreements
- Maintain asset tracking, service quality, client satisfaction, and partner relationships
- Create, maintain, practice, and improve the operational, incident, and change management procedures set forth by the IT leadership and fellow team members
- Meet or exceed service level goals set by the leadership team and fellow team members with a professional level of quality
- Design dimensional Star Schema data models to support front-end BI tools including ad-hoc reporting
- Create and support ETL jobs pulling data from various source systems and loading into the data warehouse
- Design and create a semantic layer to support end-user self-service
- Create reports using various reporting tools such as SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and BusinessObjects Web Intelligence
- Create dashboards using various tools such as Microsoft Power BI and Tableau
- Ensure the appropriate level of system and service monitoring and instrumentation is in place at all times
- Ensure the appropriate level of system and service alerting is in place at all times
- Quickly and accurately respond to Ad-Hoc information requests
- Provide clear, accurate, timely, and 100% transparency to the status of service related efforts, issues, upgrades, etc.
- Collaborate with other business and technical team members on project work and incident resolution
Required Skills & Experience
- The successful candidate will have hands-on experience in a multitude of domains; including, but not limited to; 24 x 7 x 365 enterprise and cloud database infrastructure design and management, security, business continuity, disaster recovery, big data, data warehousing, business intelligence, predictive analytics, database design, database tuning, application optimization, application design, resource provisioning, virtual computing and storage, enterprise data storage and backup, service delivery, service level agreements, incident tracking, change management, and general database administration
- Seven to nine years’ experience with enterprise data warehouses, business intelligence, and MDM
- Knowledge and familiarity with concepts in predictive analytics
- Expert level knowledge of SQL skills
- Expert level knowledge of designing, constructing, administering, and maintaining data warehouses
- Proficiency with ETL tools & methodologies
- Proficiency with dimensional data modeling
- Expert level experience with databases in excess of 1 TB
- Extensive professional experience in data analysis and report design/development
- Experience in presentation/interface creation
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Since 1996, Software Technology Group has been employing top software developers along the Wasatch Front. Our business model makes us unique: most STG consultants are full-time employees, complete with benefits and paid time off. Positions with us combine the variety and excitement of contract work with the stability of permanent employment.
A few of the things that set us apart
- Work-life balance – We are a multi-year winner of the Alfred P. Sloan award for our outstanding accomplishments in workplace flexibility.
- Continuous learning – We offer a mentoring program that pairs junior software consultants with our senior consultants. Software consultants at all levels benefit from our regular training programs and education reimbursement options.
- Quality people & Quality work – STG’s management and consultants are considered industry leaders, working together to develop advanced, innovative solutions for our clients.
- Employee value – Without our employees, STG could not exist. We offer outstanding benefits, regular bonus opportunities, and above all, gratitude and appreciation for your contributions.
- Why work for us? http://stgconsulting.com/careers/why-work-for-us/
It is the policy of Software Technology Group, Inc. to ensure equal employment opportunity to its employees and applicants for employment by fitness and merit without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetic information.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com