STG -Software Technology Group
Senior Linux Systems Engineer (Salary w/ full benefits package)
STG is looking for a Senior Linux Systems Engineer who is able to work comfortably at all levels of support, from resolving problems to providing guidance and recommendations to management for strategic planning purposes. This individual will work closely with the application and database management teams to resolve system administration issues. This position will require a high degree of skill in balancing user and system requirements, task prioritization, and the ability to work independently to ensure general service availability. This is a full-time salaried position with full benefits
What You Will Do:
- Administer the OVM virtualization environment including a wide range of Linux-based systems hosting Oracle services.
- System management
- Hardware configuration
- Operating System installation and upgrades
- Account monitoring
- Security and other administration related functions necessary to ensure system reliability, backups, and performance; other related duties as assigned.
- Design, maintain, enhance, and install applications and systems.
- Keep data center performing optimally.
- Solve system and network related problems when they occur.
- Perform feasibility studies, specification, analysis, design, development, testing, documentation, and implementation of IT infrastructure systems.
- Monitor, analyze, and evaluate the current infrastructure for availability, performance, and security.
- Implement operating system upgrades and enhancements.
- Maintain technical awareness of industry changes.
- Manage the daily operations of the Linux environments to ensure priorities are established and services are delivered as required by the application and database management teams.
- Management of OVM and Linux server environment including security, patching, planning and execution of system upgrades.
- Establish and manage tools for monitoring and automating alerts relative to system issues.
- Maintain system maintenance and activity logs and documentation of policies and procedures for various tasks related to the operation of the environments.
- Experience with distributed applications
- Strong experience with Linux systems as admin
- Apache experience
- Nginx experience
- Good soft skills are critical as this person will be interfacing with internal clients
- AWS experience would be nice to have (or willingness to learn).
- Adobe AEM experience would be nice to have (or willingness to learn)
- Expert understanding of Linux system design and operation. Solid understanding of OVM Virtualization.
- Knowledge of Oracle databases and application environments.
- Experience with Windows Server Administration.
- Strong understanding TCP/IP networking, routers, load balancing, etc. Familiarity with LDAP, Kerberos, DNS, DHCP, FTP, HTTP. Practical experience with security best practices related to PCI, Sarbanes-Oxley, etc.
- Troubleshooting experience including storage and network layers where they are relevant to server environments.
- Must have strong analytical and interpersonal skills, as well as outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lead others in a peer environment while performing duties with minimal supervision.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field and ten years IT experience with at least three years working in Linux administration and design at an expert level.