Software Technology Group is looking to hire a highly skilled and motivated Senior Security Engineer. The ideal candidate will have 6+ years experience as a Security Engineer. We want someone who is passionate about mentoring and thrives in a collaborative team environment. This is a full-time position with salary and benefits. We want to see your application today!
- Incident monitoring
- Technical evaluation, and response to OIT technology assets that are possibly compromised
- Managing and processing access to IT resources
- Granting user information access rights
- Process reviews of access and security functions, ensuring they are in compliance with security policies
- Vulnerability assessments
- Network and firewall rule creation and analysis
- Forensic investigation
- Preparing and presenting security awareness training and security support documentation as well as functions that require additional experiences, such as wireless security, penetration testing, forensic investigations, and expert witness responsibilities.
- The Senior Security Analyst also provides leadership and guidance to other employees.
Required Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of and experience with system audit, profile review, and regulatory controls, including Payment Card Industry (PCI)
- Skill in and knowledge of role-based access methodologies
- In-depth understanding and experience in security monitoring, incident response, and forensic analysis
- Understanding and experience in network and firewall technologies and management
- Ability to define security policies and procedures for all Information Technology (“IT”) resources
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Security specialization certification (expert witness)
- Certified Security Forensic Investigations
- Certified Penetration Testing
- Security specialization certification (Wireless, OS system, Network Security)
- ITIL Foundations Certification
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), GSEC certification, or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in MIS, CS, or comparable field) + 4 years experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience with one year of actual penetration testing experience.
- Bachelor ’s degree + 6 years of security experience as listed above, plus certifications for expert witness, forensic investigation, and penetration testing. Supervision experience preferred (full-time or part-time).
For 21 years, Software Technology Group has been employing top software developers along the Wasatch Front. Our business model makes us unique: most STG consultants are full-time employees, complete with benefits and paid time off. Positions with us combine the variety and excitement of contract work with the stability of permanent employment.
A few of the things that set us apart
We are a multi-year winner of the Alfred P. Sloan award for our outstanding accomplishments in workplace flexibility.
We offer a mentoring program that pairs junior software consultants with our senior consultants. Software consultants at all levels benefit from our regular training programs and education reimbursement options.
Quality people & Quality work
STG’s management and consultants are considered industry leaders, working together to develop advanced, innovative solutions for our clients.
Without our employees, STG could not exist. We offer outstanding benefits, regular bonus opportunities, and above all, gratitude and appreciation for your contributions.
It is the policy of Software Technology Group, Inc. to assure equal employment opportunity to its employees and applicants for employment by fitness and merit without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sex, age, gender identity or sexual preference. STG, Inc. seeks to follow this policy in recruitment, hiring, promotion into all classifications, compensation, benefits, transfers, assignments, tours of duty, shifts, layoffs, returns from layoff, demotions, terminations, and training. Consistent with this policy, STG is committed to the employment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, recently separated and any other veterans who served on active duty during a war, and persons of all ethnic backgrounds and religions according to their abilities.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org