IT Support & Level 1 Help Desk Tech
(INTERN) JOB DESCRIPTION
LOCATION: Salt Lake City, UT
INTERN JOB SUMMARY:
STG is seeking an eager, self-driven IT Support & Level 1 Help Desk Tech Intern to join our growing team. It is anticipated that this position will require 20-25 hours a week, which are flexible. This position will be expected to troubleshoot/maintain daily performance of computer systems, network devices, and servers. This position will also focus on learning how our organization runs, our culture, and procedures and also create and maintain integral relationships with internal and external customers. This will provide valuable insight that can further your career in the IT industry.
As an IT Support & Level 1 Help Desk Tech, you will:
- Serve as the initial contact for employees with questions and concerns regarding systems, software and hardware
- Monitor incoming help desk tickets and perform initial troubleshooting steps by working with clients via phone, email, in person, or remote access
- Keep accurate notes of issues and steps taken within our ticketing system
- Gather information on user problems that require escalation and assign service requests to other technical resources as needed
- Communicate with clients to ensure issue resolution and satisfaction
- Complete PC setup and configuration using enterprise based deployment tools
- Maintain user account/groups in MS Active Directory and G Suite systems
- Provide support for printer setup and configuration
- Provide level 1 support of network devices and servers
- Attend and participate in team meetings and stand-ups
- Study and whiteboard each layer of the OSI model with the team lead
- Complete IT knowledge-based training courses
Perform other duties as assigned.
In order to be a successful IT Support & Level 1 Help Desk Tech, this position requires:
- 1+ years of technical support experience
- Familiarity with Microsoft Server, Linux Server, VMWare, other virtualization platforms, Microsoft AD, Spiceworks, Google G Suite,
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suites, OS X
- Working knowledge of Firewalls, Routers and LAN / WAN Networking
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- A genuine desire to patiently help others solve technical issues
- Strong ethical perspective and focus on “doing the right thing.”
- HS graduate or equivalent
- Currently enrolled in a technology program at a college or university preferred.
It is the policy of Software Technology Group, Inc. to assure equal employment opportunity to its employees and applicants for employment by fitness and merit without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sex, age, gender identity or sexual preference. STG, Inc. seeks to follow this policy in recruitment, hiring, promotion into all classifications, compensation, benefits, transfers, assignments, tours of duty, shifts, layoffs, returns from layoff, demotions, terminations, and training. Consistent with this policy, STG is committed to the employment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, recently separated and any other veterans who served on active duty during a war, and persons of all ethnic backgrounds and religions according to their abilities.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org