Remote / Full Time
The Software Developer position will be part of designing, building, deploying (and probably debugging) products across all aspects of our core data platform products. The holder of this position will investigate needs, effectively collaborate with users to develop user-friendly resources, and be a well-rounded resource that contributes to the organization’s success.
- Improve scalability, stability, accuracy, speed and efficiency of existing data systems
- Design, build, test and deploy new libraries, frameworks or full systems for core systems while keeping to the highest standards of testing and code quality
- Work with experienced engineers and product owners to identify and build tools to automate many large-scale data management / analysis tasks.
- Understanding and implementation of security and data protection
- Work on a scrum team comprised of typically 4 to 5 developers
- Participate in daily standup meetings and all meetings of the Agile SDLC: planning, estimation, retrospectives, demos, etc.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of professional Java software development experience.
- Hands-on experience with Java 8.
- Excellent knowledge of cloud computing technologies and current computing trends.
- Experience developing RESTful Microservices with Spring Boot.
- Experience with implementing distributed systems.
- Strong proficiency in Linux.
- A high-level understanding of data architecture principles.
- Experience debugging and reasoning about production issues.
- Experience working with open source technologies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter, able to work independently.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science /Information Systems/Engineering/related field, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Akka, highly concurrent systems.
- Strong experience with containerization, Docker, Kubernetes in Cloud.
- Knowledge of Couchbase, Maven, Git/Bitbucket, OpenIDC/OAuth2.
- Good experience with fast-data frames like Kafka.
- Telecom background to include Asterisk and Kamailio.
- Knowledge of JIRA, Confluence.
- Telephony systems, VOIP, Networking, WEBRTC is a huge plus.
- Concepts of Speech to Text engines, AI/ML.
- UI Development with Angular/React experience.
It is the policy of Software Technology Group, Inc. to ensure equal employment opportunity to its employees and applicants for employment by fitness and merit without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetic information.
Employing top software developers since 1996
Our business model makes us unique: most STG consultants are full-time employees, complete with benefits and paid time off. Positions at STG combine the variety and excitement of contract work with the stability of permanent employment.
We are a multi-year winner of the Alfred P. Sloan award for our outstanding accomplishments in workplace flexibility.
Quality People & Work
STG's management and consultants are considered industry leaders, working together to develop advanced, innovative solutions for our clients.
We offer a mentoring program that pairs junior software consultants with our senior consultants. Software consultants at all levels benefit from our regular training programs and education reimbursement options.
Without our employees, STG could not exist. We offer outstanding benefits, regular bonus opportunities, and above all, gratitude and appreciation for your contributions.